The Edgewood Pool and Tennis Club
Summer fun for the whole family!
Edgewood COVID-19 guidelines are based on current Massachusetts state COVID-19 Guidelines for Pool Operators and will be updated as conditions and policies are revised by the state. In event of conflict between the Edgewood website and on-site staff directions, on-site staff directions will supersede these posted rules.
- For the health and safety of all members and team members, we ask that all out of state visitors please adhere to Massachusetts state COVID-19 Travel Advisory, including testing and quarantining for travelers who have not been vaccinated.
- Please refrain from visiting us if you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19, you are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test, or if you have been in contact with anyone who may have been COVID-19 positive in the past 14 days. We will not be checking or recording temperatures.
- Masks are required when you are not socially distanced. Please keep your mask fully over your nose and mouth when not socially distanced.
- Masks may not be worn when in the pool.
- Pursuant to current guidelines, the changing area, lockers and indoor showers may be open, but with a limited capacity. The outdoor shower will be open and available.
- We do not require persons to sign up in advance or limit the duration of stay. In lieu of these measures, capacity may be limited by state guidelines. The staff and board will take all necessary steps and measures to comply with all such guidelines.
- The staff and lifeguards will be wearing face masks while on property.
- The club will provide disinfectant wipes and/or disinfectant spray and paper towels. Per state guidelines, frequently touched surfaces must be cleaned / disinfected at least daily and shared objects must be cleaned after each use. Assistance from members in connection with this mandate is essential. Anyone using a club chair or lounge should wipe it down before and after use. There will be bins for used equipment and clean equipment (for example, pool noodles) and members will be asked to take from the clean bin and return equipment to the used bin. It will be difficult, if not impossible, for staff to oversee the use and return of equipment throughout the day, and we ask for your diligent attention and assistance related to such matters.
- Given the need to comply with state and local protocols, we ask that all minors be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent, caretaker, family friend, etc.) to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- While cash is an allowed and acceptable form of payment for concessions and other such transactions, we encourage members to utilize prepaid accounts to limit the handling of money as an added safety measure.
- Any alerts or updates will be posted to our Facebook page.
- Our ability to stay open is dependent on state and local guidelines, which could change at any moment.
- According to the CDC, there is no evidence that the virus can spread through water in a pool.